If you’ve driven by the Goodman South Campus site lately you’ve seen that construction is progressing and we are on track to open on September 3, 2019. To call this a momentous occasion is to understate the transformative impact this campus will have on the students it will serve, the residents of our 12-county district, employers who benefit from the economic vitality created and sustained by a steady stream of highly trained workers in southcentral Wisconsin, and for the communities of which we are a part. This full-service college campus is in a long-underserved neighborhood, moving the conversation from bold vision to becoming a promise kept.
The campus will have a projected enrollment just over 1,500 students for fall 2019. At full capacity 5,000 students will study in the classrooms. In addition to a broad range of academic options offered at the Goodman South Campus, students will have access to classes at Truax through a regular shuttle bus.
ALL are invited to a Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, September 28 from Noon to 4 p.m. with a formal program to begin at 1 p.m. Goodman South Campus is located at 2429 Perry Street, Madison.
Many in our community contributed to make this campus a reality. Thank you!! If you are interested in supporting the Goodman South Campus Building or contributing to scholarships, you can donate online.
Construction update and live-stream:
Projects currently underway on the 75,000-square-foot campus include:
- Drywall finishing is complete and painting has begun on second floor.
- MEP trades are doing finish work throughout the building.
- Building finishes are ongoing throughout the building.
- Curtain wall work is nearly complete on area B. A few pressure plates still need to
- be installed.
- Resilient flooring is being installed on the first and second floors.
- Work is on going on the parking lots. Curbs and remaining sidewalks will begin next week.
- Doors and hardware are being installed on the lower level.
- Foundations have been poured for the large planters at the north entry.
- Lab casework installation is on-going in the lower level.
- The first load of classroom furniture is scheduled for delivery on 6-19-19 for the lower level.
- Miron’s overall project completion schedule shows August 25, 2019 as the substantial completion date.
When completed, the campus will feature a brightly lit Café Servery and seating area, a library, a Student Achievement Center, flexible classrooms, a practical nursing lab, a chemistry lab and main service counter. The South Courtyard Entrance will feature a landscaped seating area, bicycle parking and vehicle parking. Two live webcams are recording the construction. (Camera 1: https://app.truelook.com/?u=mm1526503625 | Camera 2: https://app.truelook.com/?u=mm1526503760)