Madison College Foundation Scholarships
Spring 2021 Scholarships
Applications for spring 2021 scholarships are no longer being accepted. Award notifications will be sent to Madison College email accounts by early February 2021.
Fall 2021 Scholarships
Applications for fall 2021 scholarships will be open March 22nd through May 1st. Award notifications will be sent to Madison College email accounts by early August 2021.
If there are circumstances beyond your control, like petitioning for a program, please reach out to Ruth directly. We are happy to work with you and grant you as much time as possible to enroll. Even if we are able to give you extra time to enroll, your scholarship application must be submitted by the posted scholarship deadline.
No, the Foundation works with the Financial Aid office so they are already aware of all Foundation awards.
Yes, it is a requirement to submit a thank you note to the donor for all scholarships before they are disbursed.
Scholarships will be applied directly to student accounts approximately 2-3 weeks after the start of classes to students who have completed the required steps of the acceptance process.
No, there is a financial need essay question that is used to determine need.
Scholarships are open twice a year and current deadlines can always be found at www.supportmadisoncollege.org/madison-college-foundation-scholarships
By completing the general application you will automatically be matched with a majority of the scholarship opportunities we offer. Once you submit the general application go to the opportunities tab and select “ours”. The scholarships that have an orange “apply” button next to them are scholarships you must take additional steps to apply and you can choose which ones to complete.
Any Madison College student that is enrolled in at least 6 credits for the semester they are applying to and has a 2.0 GPA.
Award notifications will be sent to Madison College email accounts.
Yes, you can make an appointment with the Writing Center at https://madisoncollege.edu/writing-center
Madison College Foundation Scholarship Tips
- Complete the application fully. Treat the application like an exam, for each area you leave blank, points may be deducted.
- Use your responses to the essay questions to share your personal story and show the reviewer that you are a “good investment.” Scholarships are funded by individuals and local companies who are looking to invest in your success and in the future of our community. The application is your opportunity to share your educational and career plans with the reviewer and make the case why you deserve the scholarship award more so than the next applicant.
- Pay attention to grammar and spelling.
- Type your essays in a word document first to help you identify grammar and spelling errors.
- Visit the Writing Center or review your application with an instructor, friend or family member.
- Don’t wait until the last day to apply. Students often encounter technical or personal issues that prevent them from submitting the application on time which results in disqualification.