Madison College Foundation Scholarships
Fall 2020 Scholarships
Applications for fall 2020 scholarships are open March 23rd through May 1st. Due to COVID-19 closures, the fall 2020 scholarship application will reopen on May 25th with an extended deadline of June 14, 2020.
Due to delays caused by COVID-19, we expect scholarship notifications to be sent out by mid to late August. We appreciate your patience.
Spring 2021 Scholarships
Applications for spring 2021 scholarships will be open October 12th through December 4th. Award notifications will be sent to Madison College email accounts by early February.
Madison College Foundation Scholarship Tips
- Complete the application fully. Treat the application like an exam, for each area you leave blank, points may be deducted.
- Use your responses to the essay questions to share your personal story and show the reviewer that you are a “good investment.” Scholarships are funded by individuals and local companies who are looking to invest in your success and in the future of our community. The application is your opportunity to share your educational and career plans with the reviewer and make the case why you deserve the scholarship award more so than the next applicant.
- Pay attention to grammar and spelling.
- Type your essays in a word document first to help you identify grammar and spelling errors.
- Visit the Writing Center or review your application with an instructor, friend or family member.
- Don’t wait until the last day to apply. Students often encounter technical or personal issues that prevent them from submitting the application on time which results in disqualification.