Click here for Printable Version of Policy (PDF, 25KB)
Madison College Foundation collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Giving information;
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information;
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions.
This donor information is kept on file. Donor information may be used for various operational purposes of Madison College Foundation, including to help make more accurate budget projections, as well as to understand donors’ giving priorities and to update donors on our activities. Donor information is shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
We may occasionally release information about our donors when release is appropriate to comply with legal or contractual obligations, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors to our site, our donors, the public, the College, or Madison College Foundation. We do not sell or rent donor information to telemarketers, mailing list brokers, or any other companies.
We respect the choices of Madison College Foundation donors. It is the policy of Madison College Foundation to communicate with donors according to their expressed preferences whenever possible. Madison College Foundation will discontinue or change the method used to contact any person upon a written request to us.
Donors may request that we discontinue further contact with them by contacting us using the contact information at the bottom of this policy. We will take steps to ensure no further contact is made, such as modifying our donor database and other records. By opting out, donors can elect not to receive information about Madison College Foundation activities, such as events, donation or volunteer opportunities, and educational programs, or about the activities of other Madison College Foundation affiliates like MATC or Madison College.
Records of persons who have made a discontinuation of contact request will be maintained by Madison College Foundation to the extent necessary for legal or liability purposes.
Please note that this policy does not prohibit contact from individuals or groups that voluntarily solicit or raise funds on behalf of Madison College or Madison College Foundation, including groups that may engage in fundraising efforts to support us without our knowledge or involvement. Please contact Madison College Foundation if you are interested in conducting fundraising efforts to benefit us.
Donor Bill of Rights
Madison College Foundation subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights, which was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
For more detailed information about our privacy practices and about donor privacy, to exercise your choice to opt out, or to ask questions about your information, please contact us by phone at 608-246-6441, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Madison College Foundation
Attention: Donor Relations
3591 Anderson St., Suite 203A
Madison, Wisconsin 53704