Smart Future Scholarship Fund
The Smart Future Fund is our important general scholarship fund. All students who meet the Foundation’s minimum requirements* are eligible for these funds. This allows flexibility to award scholarships to students who have the greatest need based on the actual applicant pool each semester. It’s critical as the number of applications grow with the needs in our community. For so many, Madison College promises a life with stability and flexibility. With your help we can make sure that this promise is fulfilled. This scholarship can provide a significant positive outcome for a student’s educational journey, career trajectory, and life.
The number of scholarships awarded from this fund has grown along with the need:
- 253 Smart Future Scholarships Awarded 2022-2023
- 254 Smart Future Scholarships Awarded 2021-2022
- 252 Smart Future Scholarships Awarded in 2020-2021
- 155 Smart Future Scholarships Awarded in 2019-2020
While the number has grown, we still have to deny over 100 qualified students each semester. With your help we can continue to say “yes” to more students every semester.
Gifts of all sizes are welcome and important. All gifts to this fund will be used to provide scholarships to students.
If you are interested in setting up a named fund with specific criteria, you can learn more here.
*Madison College Foundation scholarship minimum criteria:
- Have a minimum 2.0 grade point average
- Demonstrate financial need, which is determined by a FAFSA/Alternative FAFSA score or financial need essay
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits
Checks can be made payable to “Madison College Foundation.” Please indicate “Smart Future Scholarship” on the memo line or on documentation with the check. Please mail checks to:
Madison College Foundation
1701 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704