Why Choose a Planned Gift?
Estate planning enables you to leave a legacy at Madison College to support future generations of students. Planned gifts also allow our alumni and friends to fulfill their financial and estate planning goals.
Gift planning integrates your charitable gift into your overall financial, tax and estate planning to maximize benefits both to you and to Madison College. Planned giving expands the educational and economic impact of your gift because the beneficiaries—Madison College alumni—remain in our area to live and work as essential members of our local communities.
You can help ensure the future success of technical and community education tomorrow through gift planning today. Depending on the arrangements you choose, you can also:
- Reduce income taxes
- Avoid taxes on capital-gains
- Increase spendable income now
- Retain payments for life
Legacy Society Recognition and Benefits: If your legacy gift is over $10,000, you will receive membership in the Emil J. Frautschi Legacy Society.
Types of Planned Giving
- You can name the Foundation as a beneficiary of your retirement plan which may eliminate income taxes on those assets
- You may qualify for an estate-tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift through a bequest to the Foundation.
- Your will or trust can stipulate that a specific sum of money, a percentage of your estate, a piece of property, such as real estate or other items are given to the College through the Foundation.
- Learn more with the Madison College Foundation Planned Giving Goals and Benefits Guide.
- Above all, you can be confident that your generosity will support technical and community education for years to come.
- Whatever form of bequest you choose, it is not subject to federal estate taxes, which significantly reduces the tax burden of an estate. The value of the bequest may be deducted when the taxable estate is determined, and there is no limit to the deduction. You should always speak to your financial advisor and tax advisor about what makes sense for your specific situation.
- It is important to list “The Madison College Foundation” in your paperwork.
The Madison College Foundation is committed to following donor intent. We are happy to have a conversation to discuss whether you would like to leave an unrestricted gift to help us where it is needed most when the gift is realized, or if you would like to set up a fund agreement that stipulates specifics of who this gift will benefit.
Do you already have a planned gift?
If we are already included in your future plans, please let us know. We would love to say thank you, learn why you’ve decided to make this commitment to the Madison College Foundation and recognize your generosity.
Contact Maggie at email@example.com or 814-777-4896.