The Madison College Foundation was created in 1973 with assets of $40,000. This modest amount accrued when faculty and staff established the first student assistance fund in memory of A.R. Graham, District Director 1925-1947. The Foundation received its first bequest from the estate of Emil Frautschi in 1959.
In 1967 the Wisconsin State Legislature passed laws encouraging technical colleges to establish foundations. The Madison College Foundation was certified on January 22, 1973 as a Wisconsin not-for-profit corporation to provide financial assistance to students and programs of Madison College. Marvin Brickson served as president of the Foundation from 1973-1994. H. Douglas Redsten served as first Executive Director, 1979-1995 and Bob Dinndorf served as Executive Director from 1995-2012. Tammy Thayer was named chief executive officer in 2013.
Today, the Madison College Foundation is located at 3591 Anderson Street, Suite 203A overlooking the Truax Campus. The Foundation begins its fifth decade with a proud record of providing more than $15 million in scholarship and financial assistance to over 39,000 Madison College students.